Saturday, June 6, 2009

36 weeks


We have finally reached 36 weeks! Next Friday we will head back to the OB and get "checked" to see if things are starting to progress. I have no expectations for that exam, with Faith I didn't dilate to a 1 until I was 40 weeks and 1 day. So I expect this little girl to be just as stubborn.

I have been feeling pretty well, just started experiencing some serious heartburn. So I started taking an OTC acid reducer. She has been calming down a little bit. I haven't been able to sleep really well lately, so I am being prepped for the late nights with a beautiful baby in my arms.

Thinking of holding her is so exciting and so emotional. It makes me think of Faith more and the last time I held her. Her sweet face to my face. I know that God is watching after her now, but I will always miss her and think about how much fun she would have had here on Earth.

All of our maternity photos are posted on http://kristyphotography.zenfolio.com/amysteve so be sure to check them out. Kristy did an amazing job! I think we are going to make a little collage of some of the maternity pics and then the newborn pictures we get taken.

Last weekend I cleaned out our linen closets, a bedroom closet and under the kitchen sink. This past week I have been making baby hats. So my nesting doesn't require as much energy! The picture of the hats I made is at the top of the post I believe. I feel like I don't know what I am doing on this blog!

I have about 2 more days of work and then I am off for the summer. Steve and I have many projects to complete before the baby arrives.

This week we also received a surprise from Maxton's Memorable Moments. It is a beautiful painted picture with a verse on it from Maxton's mommy Ashley. Maxton is a handsome boy that was born with CDH and earned his wings 18 days after he was born. He fought every step of the way. His mommy makes these pictures for other CDH babes and they are fantastic! She is very gifted. You can check out a picture of the one we received at http://www.maxtonsmemorablemoments.blogspot.com/


We hope that everything is well your way!

3 comments:

Weylin and Tori said...

I am amazed (and jealous) by your talent! Yeah for you knitting all those hats! I can't wait to see pics of your adorable little girl! The maternity photos are great! The photographer did an awesome job! I really like the one of Steve kissing your belly! Praying that everything continues to go well in the coming weeks!

Love,
The Douglas family

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I will be praying for you and your family as the big day arrives to hold your sweet daughter! I'm very excited for you and Steve. Thank you for sharing your story with us and especially for sharing Faith with all of us. She continues to touch so many people! Can't wait to see what you name this baby girl!! :) I will stay tuned and pray from IN!
Laura

Katie English said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Your baby girl will be here before you know it, and I'm sure you are eagerly awaiting her arrival. Your baby is so lucky to have such wonderful and loving parents, and such a strong big sister as angel Faith, watching over her.

Good luck!
-Katie English