Monday, July 6, 2009

New Arrival




Sorry to keep you all waiting a week for this post!

I was hoping that the lack of posting would let you know she arrived! Monday, June 29th at 10:58 PM. Abby Grace Miles is 7lbs 11oz and 20 inches long and HEALTHY!!!

We went to the ER around 530 and were discharged around 730PM because I wasn't progressing enough. 10PM we were back at the hospital and she was born 58 minutes later. Needless to say there wasn't time for my epidural that I asked for...but I survived.

Now she is already a week old! Steve and I are so blessed to have this little girl. We want to thank everyone who prayed for our pregnancy, Abby's health and an easy delivery. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

She has had some visitors in the last week and looks forward to meeting others who are healthy and feeling good!

Abby already has a new best friend who was born on July 1st, Celia Grace Michel was born to our friends Christy and Burt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I've been thinking of you all and have prayed for you many times!! I assumed no news was great news! :) Enjoy your precious baby girl and I'm so happy for you all! Looking forward to seeing her sweet pictures!
Rejoicing with you from IN,
Laura

Corin said...

I am so happy for you and Steve! Congratulations! Give Abby tons of kisses from us :)

Love,
Corin, Nate, Ayla, and ^Gabe^

Anonymous said...

I found your website through Ruby Hope Starling and have been reading all about you and your past journey. You and your husband come across your blog as just the sweetest, strong people. Abby is a lucky little girl. God bless your family.

Tracy Meats said...

Congratulations Steve and Amy!! Abby is blessed to have such wonderful parents and to Abby...Welcome to the World!! Wish you all much love and happiness.

Congratulations!!

Kendall said...

Amy, she is just beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and Steve. You guys are the cutest little family! I wish you all the best- can't wait to see her with some Mickey ears:) !!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Soooooooooooo Happy for you all. She looks beautiful. Take lots of pictures, it is hard to remember these first few weeks being sleep deprived! THe kids and I are in Michigan until Friday. Mr. K comes home from Aphganistan in a few weeks. =) Blessings to all. Love the name!!!
Kotas

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Congratulations! We are so glad you get to experience the elation of taking a healthy baby home. I've heard that we who have lost children are ultimate parents. We've experienced the ultimate sorrow in the death of our child and the ultimate joy in the birth of our child.
I also hear that joy is so much more intense for those who have lost a child. Is it true? Looking forward to the intense joy you have/will experience. Welcome, Abby!
--Beth and Andy Houselog
Parents of Will and cdh angel Sylvia

Sky + Carla said...

***~ Congratulations ~***

Amy, She is GORGEOUS!!!!! :) I'm sooooo happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet Abby one day.

I hope you guys are doing great!

Xoxo from Atlanta,

Carla, Sky, Alyssa, Sofia and ^Joseph